Monday

Reincarnation is a Drag

Hello everyone! My name is Tomoe. Just Tomoe this time. In my last reincarnation I was Tomoe Gozen, but in this period there don't seem to be all that many titles, so I must be content with being just plain old Tomoe. I have been rather fortunate to actually remember little snatches of my past life and be born in much the same area as last time but the down side of this is that I end up seeing all the strange interpretations of me everywhere. The historical  me pops up in all sorts of situations, since I seem to be rather famous, but there are so many different stories about me they all get kind of mixed  together even if none of them are true. Apparently, even the scholars think that it is most likely that I'm more a work of fiction than a real historical figure!

Because of all the different interpretations of me, I have made it kind of a hobby to analyze the different images of Tomoe Gozen in popular culture. I hope you will find my research as amusing as I have.l

(1781-1878) Kikuchi Yosai's painting of me!